Hi! We’re Eric and Sarah.
Thanks for taking the time to learn about us. We’re honored that you are considering us to be your baby’s adoptive family.
We know that this is probably a difficult or confusing time for you. The fact that you’re considering your options tells us that you are a strong and thoughtful person, and we have a lot of respect for that — whatever you decide.
If you only have a couple minutes to read about us, here are 10 things we want you to know:
- We’re good people with lots of love to give.
- We have a cute little house filled with music, good food (thanks to Eric) …
- … and a spare bedroom that Sarah can’t wait to turn into a nursery.
- We live in a family-friendly, diverse, tree-lined neighborhood in Chicago.
- We’ve been together for almost 12 years, and we’re still each other’s favorite person.
- We have three pets: two dogs, Bailey and Lola, and one cat, Otter.
- We don’t take ourselves too seriously. We love to laugh (at ourselves and each other).
- We’re pretty low-key. We like to keep things simple. We think honesty is the best policy.
- We have a lovely little life together, just the two of us and our pets, but …
- … we feel like our family is not quite complete. And that’s what brings us here.
Still reading? We’re so glad! We have more to say 🙂
We’ve been thinking a lot about you — the person who might read this and decide whether to place their baby with us. You probably didn’t expect to be in this position. We hope that you have the support you need right now to make the best decision for you.
Honestly, we didn’t expect to be in this position either. We have wanted a family of our own for a long time. We tried for five years. We got pregnant three times, but each one ended in miscarriage.
If we have learned anything along the way, it’s that life is full of surprises. It’s hardly ever perfect. But we wouldn’t change a thing about this journey because it brought us here.
We’re so excited to start our family through adoption. We can’t imagine someone ever giving us a more important, life-changing gift than a child to raise as our own. We will honor that gift by being the best parents we possibly can.
Wishing you the very best,
Sarah and Eric