Primary Provider Services – Sierra Leone
If you have finalized the adoption of a child from Sierra Leone and need home study and immigration assistance to bring them to the US, we can help.
ACI as your Primary Provider – Sierra Leone
Adoption Center of Illinois (registered as Family Resource Center) may be able to serve as the Primary Provider for your international adoption in the cases of parent-initiated and relative adoptions. ACI has been Hague-accredited since 2008. This accreditation allows us to act as an accredited Adoption Service Provider (ASP) for international adoptions.
We do not have a Sierra Leone adoption program. Families that have not completed an adoption are asked to contact an agency that offers placing services to identify and adopt a child from Sierra Leone. Our services support families that have finalized a parent-identified or relative adoption and require the services of a Primary Provider to oversee the home study and immigration process.
If you choose our agency as your Primary Provider, we will work with you and support you through the process. We cannot, however, guarantee that a visa for your child will be issued. The ultimate decision is made by the U.S. Consulate in Freetown. It is important for you to be aware of all of the information posted on the State Department Intercountry Adoption page for Sierra Leone.
In addition to requiring a Primary Provider, families must also work with a qualified Home Study Agency. Illinois residents may utilize ACI’s Primary Provider services and our International Home Study Services. These two services are independent and separate from one another and require separate fees.
ACI can serve as Primary Provider for families residing outside of Illinois. Our non-Illinois families will also need an adoption agency in their state to complete the international home study. ACI can support you in finding a qualified agency in your area.
The fee for ACI’s Primary Provider Service for the adoption of ONE child is $6,350. This includes a $815 Monitoring and Oversight (M&O) fee paid directly to CEAS, the accrediting entity. Families who adopt more than one child will pay an additional $1,350 fee per child which includes the CEAS fee.
Please review all of the following documents:
- Documents for Primary Provider Checklist: To serve as PP, it is essential we have all of the available information about your process in Sierra Leone and the child being adopted.
- Have you previously worked with a Primary Provider that has lost accreditation?
- Have you previously submitted an I600A or I600 application to immigration?
- What date was your adoption finalized?
- Is the child an orphan or relative?
- If relative, what happened to the child’s biological parents?
- How old is the child (date of birth)?
- If you reside outside of Illinois, have you selected a qualified home study agency? Please send agency name and contact person information
- All documentation received from Sierra Leone
We will contact you once we have reviewed all your documentation to determine if ACI would be able to support you as the Primary Provider for your international adoption.