Support & Understanding
We are Here to Listen
Clearly it is up to birth parents to decide what is best for their child and we appreciate the difficult choices they make.
Because we understand the many feelings and worries that come with an unplanned pregnancy, our non-judgmental and respectful approach starts with just listening. We are here to support in every way possible.
We have helped hundreds of birth mothers and birth fathers explore their options so that they can make the best decision for themselves and their child.
Our birth parent counselors are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer questions, to help with urgent situations, or just to be there to listen.
We can also help with practical things as leagally allowable, such as:
- Provide birth parents with living expenses for groceries, maternity clothes or rent if financial assistance is needed.
- Ensure that birth mothers receive the medical care they need in order to stay healthy and well.
- Cover all the legal expenses of adoption.
- Provide a clear explanation of the process and straightforward answers to every question.
- Assessment of what government assistance is available so that money isn’t a constant worry.
- Create a strategy for how to tell family and friends about an unplanned pregnancy and about possible adoption plans.
Whether you choose to raise your child or make an adoption plan, Adoption Center of Illinois is here to help.
Or you can fill out the form below, and one of our counselors will reach out to you.